Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Christlike-ness

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
 
Philippians 2:4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude [e]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [f]grasped, but [g]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death [h]on a cross.

1. Life Loser - denying your own rights
Gal. 2:20 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live in my body, I live by faith, indeed, by the faithfulness of God’s Son, who loved me and gave himself for me.

2. Soul Winner - bringing people to God (sharing the Gospel)
a.) Nicodemus - John 3:1-21
b.) Samaritan Woman - John 4:4-26
2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

3. Disciple Maker - training people
Mat. 4:19 Jesus said to them, "Come, follow me! I will teach you how to catch people instead of fish."
 

4. Obedient Unto Death - unconditional abiding in God's will

Philippians 2:8 he humbled himself by being fully obedient to God, even when that caused his death—death on a cross.

Mat. 16:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment