Wednesday, March 19, 2014

This Is My Son (Yan Ang Anak Ko!)

     Matthew 3:17 
And a voice from heaven said,
 "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy."


Why Jesus died on the cross for the redemption of the sinners? Why did He involved with His Father's business of saving man? Because He is the Son of His Father (God).
No one will adhere with the business of his father unless he has the spirit of a son. He is not after the wage, he is after the welfare of his father's affair.

The spirit of sonship is found to someone who has a sense of ownership, it doesn't matter to him whether he received a wage or not. He can see the need and responded to it immediately.

The Father (God) is pleased with Jesus because of His involvement and love to whom the Father loves. 

He seeks to please Father. His agenda is his father's agenda.


  • A Son involves to his father's business  vv. 1-2
    • spirit of son has concern for the success of the father's business/house
Joh 4:34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work.
-there is a son who has the spirit of slave, act as a slave.. as hireling, but a son act as he own the business.
-a son do not take the shortcuts, because he is a son he is willing to learn about the business, he spend time with the Father.
-spend time in discipleship and training.
 
  • A Son has the authority over his father's business vv.3-5
    • spirit of son use the authority to bring transformation
-the sheep knows my voice - familiar voice, always with the sheep (togetherness brings familiarity and one spirit)
- use the authority to lead, to bring change, to produce, to increase


  • A Son takes the responsibility on his father's business vv.10-14
    •  spirit of son is responsible of bringing progress to the father's business
Joh 17:12  While I was with them, I kept them safe by the power of your name, the name you gave me. I protected them, and not one of them was lost, except the man who was bound to be lost---so that the scripture might come true. 
- I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly - the very purpose of a son is to bring progress, prosperity and eternity.
-most people who are afraid do not want responsibility and accountability
-willing to be disturb, unafraid to lose
-lose your own privacy, will change own priorities
-I know my own and my own know me - one spirit
-to establish such kind of relationship - submission, mutual affection

  • A Son lay down his life for his father's business vv.15-17
    •  spirit of son give his life
-pay the price, walking extra mile, doing more than required, responds to the need, work without being told, overtime, after the result not the wage
-find your life in God's purpose for you
-for this reason the Father loves me - son's willingness find favor in the sight of the father.

  • A Son choose to to be in his father's business v.18 
    • spirit of son volunteer
- I give it up on my own free will - not forced nor bribed to do it but volutarily involve Himself in His Father's business.

-Phil 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
-A Son with the spirit of sonship choose to be a bond-servant for the business of His Father. 
-though in the form of God, made in the likeness of men.
- a son is a true servant
-servant is always after His Master's will, he has the freedom to choose, slave  has no right to choose.

 

*A disciple with a spirit of sonship - ang takbo ng isip ay kung papaano matutulungan ang magulang (leader), a disciple with a spirit of slave - wala syang pakialam, not submissive, rebelde.
    • Exo 21:5  But if the slave declares that he loves his master, his wife, and his children and does not want to be set free,
      Exo 21:6  then his master shall take him to the place of worship. There he is to make him stand against the door or the doorpost and put a hole through his ear. Then he will be his slave for life.
      Exo 21:7  "If a man sells his daughter as a slave, she is not to be set free, as male slaves are.
PRODIGAL SON - SPIRIT OF SLAVE
ELDER SON - SPIRIT OF SON

 
John 10:1-18
Joh 10:1  "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2  But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3  To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
Joh 10:4  When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5  A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
Joh 10:6  This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.
Joh 10:7  So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8  All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
Joh 10:9  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
Joh 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Joh 10:11  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Joh 10:12  He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
Joh 10:13  He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
Joh 10:14  I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
Joh 10:15  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16  And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
Joh 10:17  For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
Joh 10:18  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment